Things that have made me happy this past week or so:
Reading good books
Eating yummy cookies
Rain? (It’s supposed to be on it’s way)
Seeing friends and family
How about you?
Yikes! It has been a while! Anyways, here are five recent things that have brought a smile to my face or that I’ve found interesting. Continue reading “This Week’s Five!!!”
Are you ready for this week’s recap of things that made me happy!? I sure hope so…
- Popcorn. I could eat popcorn any time, I love it, and I admit to indulging A LOT this week.
- Music. I don’t often listen to the radio (not much time spent in the car), and if I listen to my phone it’s usually music I know I like. But sometimes I just don’t want to hear anything. Then, suddenly I want to hear all the things, which results in a great appreciation of being able to listen to a wide variety of songs and let loose a little.
- Sprouts! I have sprouts in my winter sowing containers!
- Early Valentine presents. My husband and I are as bad as kids when it comes to trying to wait for a holiday to give gifts. This year, I received this awesome bookish necklace and a gift card for my kindle!
- Honestly I don’t have a specific thing for #5, but things have just been good lately, and that makes me happy 🙂
What’s made you smile lately? Share below!
Alright, this post encompasses more than the past week, but here we go! Five things that made me happy or I found interesting lately:
- Seeing the Women’s Marches. Wow, what a bautiful movement whose momentum we can’t allow to be lost.
- YAKFest – Young Adult Keller Book Festival — this was my second time attending, and it was a blast! Post coming soon.
- Starting something new – As the little one’s induction to the public school system draws closer *sobs*, that means I’m looking at my future, too. Right now the plan is to get my alternative certification to teach secondary Enlish Language Arts. For now though, I’ve begun substitute teaching.
- Books on sale – there have been some really interesting looking books on sale lately.
- Fire Emblem Heroes on mobile! I’m a huge fan of the series, and it’s fun to have part of it on my phone. I’m super looking forward to the one for the Nintendo Switch, because we really enjoy playing games together and watching each other play games. That’s really hard to do on the DS.
What’s something that’s brought you happiness lately?
How about a mid-week posting of This Week’s Five? Well, I’ve missed a few weeks, so it seems acceptable to do so. So here are five things that have made me happy lately.
- Holiday decorations. I admit to having difficulty getting into the holiday spirit, but I’ve had a lot of fun putting decorations around the house.
- I started a seasonal job recently, and I actually really enjoy it.
- I’ve been reading a bit lately, and I really enjoyed Relentless by Karen Lynch [Review].
- Popcorn. Always popcorn.
Pinterest inspired holiday window decorations. I’m so in love with this! We’ve had these ornaments forever and don’t use them anymore, so I’m happy to have found something to do with them!
What about you? What’s something that’s made you smile lately?
Hey guys! Here are five things that either made me happy or I found interesting from this past week (or so):
- I learned about Floating Wetlands from a pin on Pinterest. What!? This is so cool. I think nature is amazing, and I love finding out about things like this. If you have the attention span to read to the bottom (I actually did, which is a rarity!), how cool would it be if they found crops that could successfully grow on these!? Really though, even if they don’t find one, imagine if they could plant food for beneficial insects and birds in the area. Bees are a very important insect and disappearing rapidly. Growing flowers–perhaps near a shoreline–could possibly provide them with more places to gather nectar. The same with butterflies and hummingbirds and other nectar-lovers. If not that, then is there a crop that fish would eat? Or ducks? Other water-fowl? Something that could help bring more nature back to these wetlands where nothing could live, but that suddenly are getting a second chance!
- I successfully made homemade black bean soup. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time, and I’m happy to report it was quite delicious!
- I’ve been using my sewing machine again, and have successfully finished the scoody I started last year, made another for my mother-in-law, and made some pajamas for my son.
- I tried a new recipe, Salted Peanut Butter Shortbread. YUM! I didn’t even dip them in chocolate, but they’re a huge hit at our house.
- Halloween. We hadn’t planned on doing anything, but a last-minute trip to the grocery store (and some digging in the closet) resulted in a night of fun, and I absolutely love this picture, isn’t it creepy?
So here’s a fun Monday edition of This Week’s Five!!! Okay, so I’ve really dropped the ball on…pretty much everything lately. So let’s catch up a little, shall we?
Five things that have made me happy recently:
- While we’ve been looking forward to the PlayStation VR, I can’t say I really knew what to expect. It is SO cool. My favorite things so far have been Allumette, TumbleVR, and the cinematic experiences included on the demo disc.
- The weather has been super pleasant lately.
- I’ve been able to visit with family a lot recently.
- I’m listening to Uprooted on audiobook again. I’m not a re-reader, but I really enjoy listening to this story. It’s also nice that I know the story so if I miss a word or two it isn’t an understanding-breaker. [Review]
- My son. Obvious mom-bias, but he is absolutely the most amazing thing ever!
What’s made you happy recently?