What in the world is YAKFest? It’s the Young Adult Keller Book Festival. This was my second year attending, and man how this event grew from a couple of years ago! It was so exciting to see a packed auditorium ready to take on a day of meeting authors and listening to them speak and finding new books to read! Below is a Twitter “Moment” I created of #YAK17. I attended with my wonderful mother-in-law! Continue reading “YAKFest 2017!”
Hello there! Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. Usually a weekly meme, mine pop up on a monthly basis. These are the books I’ve acquired since the January edition. (Titles are links to Goodreads) Continue reading “Stacking the Shelves – February 5”
Alright, this post encompasses more than the past week, but here we go! Five things that made me happy or I found interesting lately:
- Seeing the Women’s Marches. Wow, what a bautiful movement whose momentum we can’t allow to be lost.
- YAKFest – Young Adult Keller Book Festival — this was my second time attending, and it was a blast! Post coming soon.
- Starting something new – As the little one’s induction to the public school system draws closer *sobs*, that means I’m looking at my future, too. Right now the plan is to get my alternative certification to teach secondary Enlish Language Arts. For now though, I’ve begun substitute teaching.
- Books on sale – there have been some really interesting looking books on sale lately.
- Fire Emblem Heroes on mobile! I’m a huge fan of the series, and it’s fun to have part of it on my phone. I’m super looking forward to the one for the Nintendo Switch, because we really enjoy playing games together and watching each other play games. That’s really hard to do on the DS.
What’s something that’s brought you happiness lately?
#RockMyTBR (link) is a reading challenge hosted by Sarah K., The YA Book Traveler. Basically, the challenge is to read books that you already own that were published before the beginning of the year. I love this challenge. Even though I didn’t complete it last year, it was still fun to participate in and see what others were reading. Here’s my intro post for this year.
So how did I do in the month of January?
Well, I started out with a BANG! let me tell you…but none of the four books I read in January were for this challenge. I got caught up in trying to read books for YAKFest (and then I was too sick to read), so looks like I’ll just have to try harder!