I kept seeing this title around the Twitter-verse, and when I saw it was available on Overdrive I decided to give it a try.
It’s that time again! Time to find five recent things that have made me happy or I’ve found interesting.
- I’ve been doing a lot of for fun reading.
- I’m making progress on my #GardenWithJulia project.
- We are now gaining sunlight every day!
- I’ve made really good food this week.
- I’ve been having fun with the S. Usher Evans street team competition that’s going on!
How about you? What positive things have you experienced this week?
I’d been seeing a little bit of The Reader on Twitter, and thought the cover was beautiful. When I found out Traci Chee is going to be at YAKFest, I thought it would be a good excuse to read this book 😉 I borrowed the kindle edition from my library on Overdrive. Continue reading “Review – The Reader by Traci Chee”
Hello there! I bet you didn’t think you’d see a gardening post so soon! Last year I came across an idea called “winter sowing.” Basically, you sow the seeds you want to grow in a plastic container and set it outside during the winter. In colder climates (those with freezing temps/snow), this is a way to get a jump on the gardening season. It’s hard to find much info on winter sowing in warm climates, mostly because I think there’s not really a need for it. BUT! I figure there’s no harm in trying, right? I already have all the materials, and if nothing comes from it, I’ve lost nothing, and gained experience I wouldn’t have if I didn’t try at all. Continue reading “#GardenWithJulia 2017 – Winter Sowing”
Jackaby has been on my radar for a while. But honestly the push for me to finally check this out from my library’s Overdrive is that Ritter will be at an event I’m attending at the end of the month. I haven’t read books by most authors appearing there, and his was available, so…yeah. Choice made. Continue reading “Review – Jackaby by William Ritter”
A MOONBOW NIGHT
Hello and welcome! I hope your first week of the new year has been good! Here are five things recently that made me happy:
- I have successfully done the first 7 days of Yoga Revolution. That might not seem like much to you, but it’s the world to me.
- I had a great time at #RQWN and #GardenChat on Twitter.
- There are gardening things in the works.
- My in-laws got me a heated electric “wrap” which is basically a rectangle (with pockets!) that fits around your shoulders. I love it!
- Aaand, aren’t these beautiful!? See Earth and Its Moon From Mars in Stunning New NASA Photo
What things have made you happy recently?