Hey guys! Here are five things that either made me happy or I found interesting from this past week (or so):
- I learned about Floating Wetlands from a pin on Pinterest. What!? This is so cool. I think nature is amazing, and I love finding out about things like this. If you have the attention span to read to the bottom (I actually did, which is a rarity!), how cool would it be if they found crops that could successfully grow on these!? Really though, even if they don’t find one, imagine if they could plant food for beneficial insects and birds in the area. Bees are a very important insect and disappearing rapidly. Growing flowers–perhaps near a shoreline–could possibly provide them with more places to gather nectar. The same with butterflies and hummingbirds and other nectar-lovers. If not that, then is there a crop that fish would eat? Or ducks? Other water-fowl? Something that could help bring more nature back to these wetlands where nothing could live, but that suddenly are getting a second chance!
- I successfully made homemade black bean soup. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time, and I’m happy to report it was quite delicious!
- I’ve been using my sewing machine again, and have successfully finished the scoody I started last year, made another for my mother-in-law, and made some pajamas for my son.
- I tried a new recipe, Salted Peanut Butter Shortbread. YUM! I didn’t even dip them in chocolate, but they’re a huge hit at our house.
- Halloween. We hadn’t planned on doing anything, but a last-minute trip to the grocery store (and some digging in the closet) resulted in a night of fun, and I absolutely love this picture, isn’t it creepy?