Hello there and thanks for joining me. Today’s update video is in two parts, one in which I talk about what I’ve learned so far and plans for the fall, and the other in which I give you the plant updates.
WHAT MATTERS MOST
(TEXAS GOLD COLLECTION BOOK #4)
Kellie Coates Gilbert
Genre: Contemporary Inspirational Romance / Christian
Date of Publication: July 5, 2016
Number of Pages: 320 Continue reading “Blog Tour & Review – What Matters Most”
Five things from the past week that have made me happy.
- I love having projects to work on, and I have a couple right now 😉
- In addition to the toads that we usually see in our back yard, this week we also found a frog! How neat! There are also at least 5 different dragonflies that come to visit (there may be more, but 5 distinct ones that I’m aware of).
- I’ve been allowing myself 1 episode of Call the Midwife a day, and I’ve really been enjoying it, although I don’t think I’ve made it through a single one without getting a bit teary-eyed.
- Love the nighttime summer breeze!
- We spent time this week celebrating milestones with family members. Very nice, indeed!
What made you smile this week?
My heart is heavy as I write this, and yours may be heavy too. This week has been a heartbreaking one. I know it is important to take time and grieve, to think and reflect, to talk, to take action. However, it is also my belief that in the dark times, especially, we must find and hold onto the good in our lives. As hard as it sometimes feels, life goes on. It doesn’t have to go on the same way that it did before, but it must go on. So here, in my personal space, I’m continuing on by highlighting things that have brought a smile to my face this week.
- My garden. It is my happy place. Friday I got a package in the mail with a new container I wanted to try. For a few hours while I had a mission–to get soil and fill up the container– I was able to be present in my own moment, to push anxieties from my mind and just feel the sun warming my neck and the dirt under my fingernails.
- I have really been enjoying posting picture updates on Instagram.
- There are at least two toads in our back yard that make a nightly appearance.
- There is good news for some friends and family members, and it makes me happy for them to be happy.
- I have acquired SO MANY EBOOKS this week. Expect a lengthy Stacking the Shelves for July 😉
What kind of light was in your life this week?
This video is a quick update on the plants.
The #RockMyTBR Reading Challenge is hosted by Sarah K, The YA Book Traveler. Click here for more info.
I could pretty much just copy and paste my other #RockMyTBR posts here. That is to say, I didn’t read anything from my list in the month of June. Now that we’re halfway through the year, I could still read two books each month and still complete this challenge. OR, as I’m more likely to do, save them all for December 😉 ha!
How did your challenge go this month? Leave me a link and I’ll check out your recap!
It’s time for another round of This Week’s Five!!! Here are five things that have made me happy in the past week.
- Getting a lot of yard work done.
- Cooking and eating really good food.
- My garden.
- My family.
- Since it’s July 4, I should say that I am very happy to live in a place where I have the rights and privileges that I do.
So, what about this week made you smile?
122 Rules by Deek Rhew
Shizzle, Inc by Ana Spoke
To the Sea by Dierdre Riordan Hall
In the Desert by Dierdre Riordan Hall
The Love Square by Jessica Calla
Passing Notes by D.G. Driver
Uprooted by Naomi Novik
The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
The Vampire Armand by Anne Rice
The Island by S. Usher Evans
The Chasm by S. Usher Evans
Like Never Before by Melissa Tagg
Finding Me by Kathryn Cushman
Her One and Only by Becky Wade
Someone Like You by Victoria Bylin